Cookies are small text files that websites send to devices accessing the Internet (usually the user's browser). Through cookies websites can recognize the preferences expressed by users during a previous browsing session and enable easier access, e.g. by having stored the navigation language of choice or the account details of a secure area of the website.
Based on their purpose, cookies are classified as follows:
- technical cookies: session cookies, functionality cookies or login cookies;
- profiling cookies: they are used to send ad messages on the basis of the preferences expressed by users in their browsing or on the web pages or sections of a websites that have been visited;
- third party cookies: these cookies are installed by third party web sites through the first party web sites (such as Google, Facebook, Twitter).
Session cookies are erased as soon as the browser is closed, whereas persistent cookies are stored in the browser cache for some time (from a few minutes to several years). The law requires that profiling and third party cookies must have obtained the user's consent before they can be installed.
As regards our website, consent is provided by users if they continue browsing by performing any action on the website such as: clicking on a link, logging into another area of the website in any way, selecting an element of the website, scrolling with the mouse. Our website uses the following cookies.
Google Analytics cookies provide data-aggregated reports on website traffic statistics. This extends to, but not solely limited to, the number of page viewed, time spent on site, the channel that generated the traffic in the first place.
List of main cookies:_ga, _gat
- read more about how Google Analytics works following the link https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCoo...
Google (google map / google plus / youtube)
Google provides services that allow operators to include editorial services such as interactive maps that are customizable inside their web pages or videos through youtube. This site may use Google Maps / Google Plus 1 / Youtube to provide information or to post videos, or to allow information sharing.
List of main cookies: NID, PREF
Users can always choose which cookies to give consent to by adjusting their browser settings; options are generally found in the Options/Privacy tables:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Go to Tools, select Internet Options and click on Privacy. For the complete guide see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: Mac users go to Preferences, select Privacy, access the "Show cookies" section; Windows users go to Tools, select Options, access Privacy and then set up a customized option to manage data history. For the complete guide see http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Safari: From the Preferences menu, select Privacy. For the complete guide see http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Google Chrome: in the Main menu select Tools, then Options (Preferences for Mac users), go to Advanced and then select Privacy - Content Setting. For the complete guide see https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
To learn more about cookies and how to manage your preferences on third party profiling cookies please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com .